The finest Unix emulator is not a Unix emulator. The finest Unix emulator is “CYGWIN”, which is a full Unix like surroundings for Windows.
CYGWIN is consists of 2 parts:
- A DLL which works as a Unix emulation cover giving substantial Unix functionality.
- A tools collection, which give Unix feel and look.
- Gives access to the mainframe of IBM, UNIX and AS/400 host applications
- TN3270E, TN3270, TN5250E, TN5250, VT100, VT420, Wyse 60 and SCO ANSI terminal emulation
- Integrated FTP file transfer and Separate FTP client w/in terminal emulation session
- Passport PC to Host is Certified for Windows Vista
- Supports Windows 2000and XP
- Advanced SSL protection available for every host session
- Advanced SSH protection available for every UNIX host session
- Safe FTP file transfer making use of SSH and SSL security
- IND$FILE file transfer to IBM mainframe
- Assists Citrix Password Manager
- HLLAPI accessible to recycle screen scraping applications
- Objects API to recycle EXTRA! screen scraping applications
- VB Script to edit, record, and operate productivity improving macros
- Host printing assisted over the TN5250E or TN3270E client
- Pass over printing available for SCO ANSI or VT client
- Capability to open numerous host sessions, uniquely setup every session
- Customizable mouse buttons, keyboard layout, keypads, hotspots, toolbars, fonts, colors, cursor and a lot more WeTransfer Alternative