1. Paying too much for car warranty. This really is a major problem that many drivers face. Few people seem to consider shopping around when it comes to purchasing car warranty.
The biggest mistake that people tend to make is in purchasing the first warranty policy that they are presented with. The first policy that they are offered is often from a car retailer and may be over-priced, compared to what else is available.
The easiest way to avoid this problem is to carry out plenty of research before purchasing a policy.
2. Warranties that offer inadequate cover. Car warranty policies can vary considerably and it’s not safe to assume that all parts of your car will be covered.
Ensuring that you are not caught out by this problem is, once again, a question of research. Before you buy a car warranty policy, make sure that you are aware of exactly what is covered.
3. Discovering that there is a large excess to pay. We hear countless stories from consumers who purchase car warranty policies, only to discover that they have to pay a large excess when they come to make a claim.
Before taking out a policy, you should make yourself aware of what the excess level is set at, in case you need to make a claim. Be particularly aware of higher excess levels that may apply to particular parts of your vehicle, such as car stereos.
4. The car warranty is deemed to be invalid. Getting into a situation where a claim is turned down is particularly unpleasant. The most reason why claims are rejected is because policy owners have not adhered to the terms of the policy.
5. Car warranty fails to provide good value for money. Don’t forget that extended warranty policies will not be right for every car, or every driver. Before taking out a policy, you’ll need to decide whether it is right for you.
The five problems listed above are the most common issues faced by car warranty policy owners. Do your research and make sure that you don’t face the same problems. is extended warranty for car worth it